SOUK in the CITY
beautifully striped "recycled" kilim rug
- unique piece, there are no two similar in this world
- originated from the creative mind of a berber lady
- made entirely from recycled textiles = 100% boucherouite - pieces of cut cotton clothing
- the kilim is tightly woven and can be used on both sides
- origin: Boujad
- 2m20 x 1m20
- main colors: blue, white, pinks and lime green
During my purchasing trips to Morocco, I always look for beautiful unique pieces that can fit nicely into our escape concept.
I bid along with the local merchants on the criée berbère of the carpet souks in the heart of Marrakech, which means that most of the intermediate channels are skipped!
The boucherouite kilim should be washed by hand.
Cleaning is possible with vacuuming / whipping and using traditional methods with water and brown soap. Let it dry patiently in the sunshine.